How to register and form a limited company in Malaysia?
What are the requirements?
What are the documents needed?
Here are some basic facts and information for setting up and
forming a limited company in Malaysia.
- The Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) established on
16 April 2002, serves as an agency to incorporate companies and register
- A limited company in Malaysia can be incorporated with a
minimum authorised and paid-up capital of RM100,000 and RM2
- Your proposed company name. We need your proposed name(s) for your new company and we will conduct
the name search with SSM to check if the name is available for registration.
- Copy of your identity card (IC) or copy of your passport (for foreign director)
- Your signature on the Memorandum and Articles of Association (M&A) and other incorporation documents.
- A company must have at least 2 directors and above 18 years of age.
- At least 2 directors must have a residential address in Malaysia
- He/she is not a bankrupt and has not been convicted and imprisoned.
- A company must have at least one
- Company secretary must be a natural person and a resident in
Malaysia and is a member of any one of the prescribed professional
bodies or licensed by the SSM.
- A company must appoint one or more auditors who must be approved auditors in Malaysia.
- Our is an approved audit firm in Malaysia.
- Every company must have a
in Malaysia to which all communications and notices may be addressed.
- Our secretarial service includes provision of our office as registered office for your company.
- Every company is required to prepare its accounts and to be audited by approved auditors in Malaysia every year.
- The must be tabled at the AGM for adoption/approval by the shareholders of the company.
- This audited accounts is generally required to be lodged with SSM, together with the
- A company is generally required to hold its
- One of the agenda of AGM is to adopt or approve the audited accounts by the shareholders of the Company.
- Every company needs to lodge the
within 1 month of the AGM
- Annual Return shall include audited accounts and auditor’s report.
- Annual return is a snapshot of general information about a
company’s directors, secretary, registered office, shareholders, share
capital, principal business activities, etc.
- Whenever there is a change in directors (e.g. appointment
or resignation of directors) or change in their particulars (e.g. change
in residential address) after its incorporation, such changes must be
lodged with SSM within 1 month.
Original source of information: