TaylorMade Rocketbladez Mens Iron Sets Graphite
V K Enterprise The Golfers Coffers
Inspired by the distance-enhancing benefits of the RBZ Speed Pocket technology that makes our RocketBallz fairway woods and Rescues so fast and long, TaylorMade engineers found a way to incorporate a Speed Pocket into irons. The result is a once-in-a-lifetime innovation that revolutionizes iron performance not only in terms of distance, but also distance-control and feel.
The RBZ Speed Pocket in RocketBladez irons flexes and rebounds at impact, increasing the speed of the face to promote faster ball speed and a higher, stronger ball flight that lands on a steep, quick-stopping descent angle. This Speed Pocket advantage is especially effective on impacts made low on the face, TaylorMade studies indicate that 72% of iron shots hit by amateur golfers are struck below center face.
We’ve taken the concept for the RBZ Speed Pocket that we developed to boost the ball speed and distance in our RBZ fairway woods and hybrids and, using advanced design and computation, prototyping and testing, found a way to incorporate it into our new RocketBladez irons (3- through 7-). The RBZ Speed Pocket, in conjunction with an ultra-thin face and sophisticated new Inverted Cone design, promotes consistently higher ball speed and higher peak trajectory, especially on mis-hits low on the face, and a steep, soft-landing, quick-stopping approach angle. In addition, the new clubface design reduces directional dispersion to promote increased accuracy. Higher, longer, straighter and quicker-stopping. That’s RocketBladez.
• For all players seeking the optimum combination of distance, control, feel, forgiveness and playability.
• Eleven Individually designed heads each tailored in their size, shape and features to maximize distance, control and feel.
• RBZ Speed Pocket in the 3- through 7-iron works with an advanced ultra-thin face design and improved Inverted Cone shape to promote consistently high ball speed and distance on center and off-center hits, especially low on the face.
• Fantastic feel promoted by a specially formulated polyurethane developed by 3M that fills the RBZ Speed Pocket and which quiets vibration without significantly slowing/inhibiting the flex of the pocket, while also keeping debris out.
• Consistent distance gaps throughout the set made possible by careful management of the RBZ Speed Pocket, Inverted Cone, face thickness, CG location, loft and shaft length.
• 9 grams of saved weight from a new shorter hosel is strategically redistributed to lower and center the CG location, promoting a higher launch angle, higher peak trajectory and steeper descent angle for quick-stopping landings.
• Improved Inverted Cone design reduces directional dispersion to promote improved accuracy.
• Progressive offset promotes a square face at impact for straighter shots.
• 3- through PW are midsized cavitybacks with complex multi-material cavity insert to quiet sound; AW, SW and LW are blade-like and lack the insert.
• SW and LW lack deep cavities to promote feel, feature our renowned ATV sole for maximum greenside versatility, and come equipped with heavier steel shafts to promote better rhythm and control.
• New external and internal notches in the hosel make it easy to bend the head to adjust the lie angle.