North by Honeywell is known for the North 7700 Series, the most popular half mask today. The same high quality and reliability you have come to expect from North is also available in our full range of respiratory products, from disposables to Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus, so you can selectthe respirator that best meets your job needs and budget.
North 7700 & 5500 half masks and 7600 & 5400 full facepieces can be adapted from Air-Purifying to PAPR to Supplied Air, quickly and easily withoutadapters or other tools.
WHICH TYPE OF RESPIRATOR SHOULD YOU CHOOSE?
Each type of respirator, whether an air-purifying half mask, an airline hood, or an SCBA has advantages and disadvantages.Which respirator is right for you depends on many factors.
Questions you should consider include:
•What are the contaminants? Are they gases or vapors, or are they particulates?
• What are the contaminant concentrations?
• Will the job be on-going or will respirators only be required for a few weeks?
• If an airline system is required, is it practical, or will a PAPR be more appropriate?
• What other worksite conditions will be encountered, such as high humidity or high heat?
• Will workers be performing special tasks like welding or grinding?
• Do you need a respirator that can adapt from APR to PAPR or supplied air?