Fisher FPID 2100 Ferro Magnetic Locator
The Fisher FPID 2100 features a patented (TID) ™ Target Identification System designed to save you time from digging unnecessary holes, especially in hard or frozen ground.
This unit can effectively locate valves and curbs up to 9ft deep, survey markers up to 8ft deep, and PK nails up to 14” deep. It provides performance so controlled it can distinguish between a manhole cover and a closed iron valve.
- Unbeatable performance locating targets near a fence line
- Pinpoints to 1” of center for Valves and Curb boxes
- Excellent for finding buried ferrous objects including PK nails, iron pipes, valve covers, masonry nails and old hidden culverts
- Strong ABS plastic housing. Unique top end design protects switches while the operator is still able to sue the controls when wearing thick gloves
- Pulsating tone/low battery indication and quick, easy battery replacement
IN SETTING 1: THE DETECTOR PERFORMS AS A BASIC MAGNETIC LOCATOR
Signal from ferrous metal objects including horizontal will be indicated with AUDIO TONE and RED LED. NOTE: No Green LED will show in Setting 1.
IN SETTING 2: PATENTED (TID) TARGET IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM. WE RECOMMEND USING (TID) FUNCTION AT ALL TIMES.
This feature will save you time digging unnecessary holes in the ground.
- Operating Temperature: -13 to 140°F (-25 to 60°C)
- Power Supply: 1 – 9V Battery
- Weight: 2lbs (.9kg)
- Dimensions: Overall length 34” (86.36cm)
- Submersible in water up to the handle grip 30” (76.2cm)
Fisher FX3 Ferro Magnetic Locator
Like other Fisher detectors, the FX3 is easy to operate; just turn it on and go. It weighs just 2.5lbs (1.14kg) and features motion detection (the tube probe must be moving to detect a target).
When the two sensors come across a large ferrous object, the signal tone increases in pitch and volume. When the probe is directly over the target, the signal becomes silent and picks up again when moved past the target.
The unit is extremely sensitive to iron with a large surface area, highly magnetized objects and long objects buried vertically. Large or small, if it’s ferrous, the FX3 is designed to find it.
In addition to its industrial uses, this unit can be used by archeologists and treasure hunters to find iron relics and other buried ferrous artifacts
- Motion-only probe
- Variable tone and pitch
- Sharp null over target for precise target pinpointing
- Highly sensitive to iron with a large surface area, highly magnetic objects and long objects buried vertically
- Simple one-knob operation
- Standard Equipment
- Carrying Case
- Operation Manual
- Optional Equipment
- Fisher Phones
- Stereo Phones
- Battery: 1 – 9V transistor (NEDA 1604)
- Battery Life: Carbon Zinc – 25 hours
- Alkaline – 35 hours
- OPERATING ENVIRONMENT
- Carbon Zinc: 40 to 122°F (4 to 50°C)
- Alkaline: 0 to 122°F (-18 to 50°C)
- Waterproof Length: 36” (91cm)
- Output Indication: Audio, 42 ¼” (5.7cm) diameter speaker or headphones
- Weight: 2.5lbs (1.14kg)
- Shipping Weight: 9lbs (4kg) including hard-shell carry case
- Shipping Dimensions: 5 x 6 x 45 ½” (12.7 x 15.24 x 115cm)